Who helped to make this application?
The Carbon Tracer website, Android and Apple applications were developed by Enigma Interactive, for Western Power Distribution and the Carbon Trust.
- The Equation of Time corrections in UKHO Publication AIS 58 are reproduced with permission from HMNAO, UKHO and the Controller of Her Majesty's Stationery Office. Further information on the Almanac source is available via the UK Hydrographic Office.
- Mapping of fuel types to carbon intensity are from the UK Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, Fuel Mix Disclosure Data Table. The information constitutes the ‘fuel mix disclosure data table’ as defined in The Electricity (Fuel Mix Disclosure) Regulations 2005. The data are for the disclosure period 01/04/2015 – 31/03/2016.
- The solar radiation model used is solrad (version 1.2) A solar position and radiation calculator for Microsoft Excel/VBA implemented by Greg Pelletier of Washington State Department of Ecology, Olympia, WA. With permission of the author.
- The weather data supplied for this application is powered by DarkSky
- The Grid infeed generation mix is taken from the Balancing Mechanism Reporting Service (BMRS) data feed by Elexon of which WPD is a signatory BCS user.
- Regen https://www.regensw.co.uk/ carried out the network analysis and preparation of the electricity supply area polygons.
- Design consultancy was provided by Smart Grid Consultancy http://www.smartgridconsultancy.co.uk